These online shopping Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases ordered online through our Website. Please read them carefully and print a copy for future reference.
Accepting your order and creating an electronic contract
The steps required in creating the contract between you and Back Area Gardens.co.za are as follows:
- The final step in placing your order will be by confirming the accuracy of your trolley, Your order is confirmed on completion of the check-out process;
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. The email acknowledgement will present an ‘indicative or guide price’ only and will be subject to change depending on, but not limited to, the following:
- The final price charged will be the in store price on the day your order is successfully placed. This excludes any variable weight items where the quantity chosen on the Website is designated by a weight, these will be priced on the day of invoicing;
- Your personal picker may weigh loose items like fruit and vegetables or pick pre-packed weighed items like meat, chicken and cheese. The price of weight dependent items may vary in store from that on our Website, or may be slightly different to the original weight ordered;
- All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last.
Items ordered by weight
Where items are ordered by weight, your personal shopper will endeavour to provide you with an amount as close to the requested weight as possible. The actual amount you receive may exceed or be less than the amount requested. Please note that the price charged will be on the day of invoicing and will be solely based on the actual weight of the item that you received and not the requested weight
Due to the fact that we carefully choose your goods in store, we may occasionally run out of stock before we can update our stock availability on the Website. We endeavour to keep this to a minimum.
Special product related shopping instructions can be provided for at the time of Checkout. We will endeavour to meet these instructions as much as possible, but we accept no responsibility for them not being met. For the avoidance of doubt we will not accept special instructions on an order relating to a product not currently available on our Website
Some items that are available in store will not be available on our Website. These may include hot foods, Ceramics, Artwork, and Furniture, to name a few. Other items that we deem cannot be picked and delivered to an acceptable quality standard may be excluded at various times
No traders please. Back Area Gardens reserves the right to limit quantities at any time and without prior notice.
Goods charged for but not supplied
In the event of there being an item missing from an order but included on the invoice, this should immediately be brought to the attention of Back Area Gardens. A full refund will be issued for the noted items on receipt. Failure to notify of any shortages of products within 24 hours will designate full acceptance of the order. This does not affect your statutory rights with respect to the products purchased.
Our returns, refunds and guarantees policy
We are committed to operate our business in terms of the requirements of the Consumer Protection Act and our returns and refund policies are aligned therewith
Refunds for returns
- Should you need to return an item, please return the item together with the original invoice, where items may be refunded or replaced subject to due compliance by the customer with these Terms and Conditions.
- Refunds for goods purchased under a promotional offer will be based on the terms of the promotional price. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Most goods will be refunded or exchanged if they are returned within 10 business days of purchase. If they were defective when purchased or failed due to a design or manufacturing flaw or do not comply with requirements and standards in terms of safety and quality.
- The goods excluded from the 10 day, exchange or refund policy are:
- Goods purchased by way of special arrangement or custom order will only be replaced if they are defective;
- Any item returned that is not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
- Perishable goods – we are unable to refund or exchange items. If, however, your perishables have been damaged in packing your order we will replace or refund them when we are at fault.
PLEASE NOTE, a Best Before, or Sell By date is NOT an Expiry date.
It is NOT illegal to sell products past their Best Before Date as this does not impact on the safety of the food. Please indicate if you would prefer not to receive goods past their Best Before dates prior to delivery.
Waste for recycling
As part of our sustainability efforts, and at our complete discretion, we will offer to accept the following waste items for recycling purposes:
- Clean and empty glass jars of products supplied in store
- Clean and empty green glass wine bottles
- Egg boxes and trays from any supplier
We reserve the right not to accept any waste subject to, but not limited to, time constraints, available space, size of waste, nature of waste and the condition of the waste.
Product information and images
Images are provided to help you recognize products. Due to certain imagery quality (as provided by third parties), packaging redesign and improvements these may not always reflect exactly the item or pack you receive. Please note that these images should not be used to determine size or volume – please refer to the product information contained in the description and any other additional information as is made available.
Back Area Gardens will endeavour to make as much product related information available on our Website as is possible. However, this information is gathered from various third party sources outside of Back Area Gardens and therefore we accept no responsibility and make no representation, nor give any warranty or undertaking, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on our Website.
Nutritional and ingredient information
Back Area Gardens will endeavour to make nutritional information available on our Website where possible for the general information of the public. This information is gathered from various sources, including third parties, and therefore we accept no responsibility and make no representation, nor give any warranty or undertaking, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information.
Any customers requiring nutritional and ingredient information as a result of any medical condition (e.g. diabetes, nut allergies, etc.) or for religious, moral or social purposes cannot rely on the information provided and must contact the product suppliers directly.
Due to our position as an environmentally responsible retailer we encourage our customers to bring their own reusable bags or boxes when collecting their orders.
General pricing policy
Please note that all prices on our Website are guide prices only – there are a variety of reasons for this, some of which our outlined below.
The final price charged will be the in-store on the day your order is successfully placed (you will receive an email confirmation thereof), subject to certain exceptions. These exceptions specifically apply to, but are not limited to, any substitute products and variable weight products (those purchased in a quantity selected by weight) – these will be priced on the day of invoicing (i.e. reflect the in store price on the day).
Please note that prices and the availability of special offers are more likely to vary for future dated collections. Special promotions are also subject to certain conditions, including stock availability and limited offer stipulations.
The unit price for products that are weighed and displayed on the site are calculated on drained weight where applicable.
Weighed items such as fruit or deli items may vary in weight from that ordered.